Monday 22 October 2012

Spring Skittle Nails

Being a pale redhead I've never dealt well with summer, but one of my favourite things about the warming weather is getting to wear all my exciting-coloured nail polish! To make myself a bit more excited for spring/summer and jump on the pastel bandwagon I decided to do a "skittle" look with some pastel colours I own.  Please excuse my cuticles/application and photography, I'm still new at this!



Colours from left to right, or thumb to pinkie: Nubar Lemon Sorbet, OPI Mod About You, OPI Rumple's Wiggin, Illamasqua Caress and China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint.

Pastels can be quite streaky and difficult to apply but I found all these colours to have relatively good formulas.  The Nubar is especially good for a yellow, a notoriously difficult nail colour!

I really love the skittle look and I think I'll do a similar look with brighter colours for summer.  
What do you think of the skittle nail look?

No comments:

Post a Comment